Washable Fabric Face Masks
These face masks are handmade by a small local business. Masks are made with two layers of a cotton mix (95% cotton and 5% elastic) making them comfortable to wear. With a choice of colours and optional extras you’ll find something to suit the whole family. See pictures for details of the measurements.
You need two measurements a) bridge of nose down to just below chin and b) centre of nose to ear lobe – as shown in image. This will help you select correct mask size and the extra measurement you provide b) will help ensure elastic is correct size.
The adults sizes come in small, standard and large. Please check measurement a) on yourself to determine which mask you need. Here is a guide on the sizing.
- Small – a) is 11cm* and mask width is 11cm*
- Standard – a) is 13cm* and mask width is 12cm*
- Large – is suitable for anyone needing over 13cm* for size a) – State both measurements a) & b) when ordering a large mask
*All sizes are approximate and as they’re handmade there may be slight differences, measurements given as a guide.
Mask width excludes the elastic and is given to show fabric coverage.
Child sizes are made using approx age sizes.
***Please note these are not medical grade face masks***
- Wired – a wire can be added to the mask on the nose area, this will help it sit better – particularly suitable for those who wear glasses.
- Filter – a layer of weaving cotton is sewn inside the layers – as shown in the image below.
mask with filter
Looking after your mask:
It’s important to follow good hygiene with masks, especially with the current COVID-19 situation, Here’s some tips:
- Wash your mask straight after each use.
- Soak and leave the mask in hot water and soap for at least 1 hour (max 40 degrees temperature). We suggest you don’t use fragranced soap…the purpose of masks is not to make them smell nice!
- Hand wash and dry, then it’s ready for another use.
- Optional – you can also steam iron your mask – place a spare cloth/rag directly over the mask before using a steam iron, this will protect the face mask. Do not iron elastic ear covers.
If you have allergies please be extra careful – use soap that isn’t perfumed or fragranced, is non-toxic and as natural as possible.