SELFISH is not a word I use often and it’s always had a negative sound to me, UNTIL NOW! Last week someone said these words and it had such a huge IMPACT on me – it shed a new light and gave me so much to think about which has ended up being fuel for this blog. Many things have fallen into place since and it all started when I heard the words “BE SELFISH”
How exactly does this make SENSE?
Allow me to explain…since hearing these words I have been able to put these words to shape a new perspective and amazingly I’ve found it can be applied to so many things!
Here’s my list – so far:
- …with your CONSCIOUSNESS – make conscious decisions whether it’s doing something how it’s always been done – have an active mind in whatever you are doing.
- …with your FRIENDS – yes indeed – you know the friends that are able to lift you up, support you and set a standard for motivating you – naturally more time spent with them will be a massive uplifting experience.
- …with your BELIEFS – whatever you believe in, it must find a way to come through.
- …with NOURISHMENT – food as your body needs it, not eating as a forced event but savour your food, look forward to your treats which are healthy for you and nourish your body.
- …with your MONEY – how hard is it to earn £20? – well spending it should be just as difficult.
- …with your TRUST – trust is earned and not a right given to anyone – be selfish to persist with this.
- …with your SOUL – we all need to do things to nourish our soul or to fill our cup – without this we aren’t being the best version of ourselves – start a journey to find what this is for you!
- …with your ANCHOR – we all need an anchor, an outlet, a safe place to nurture – find something suited to YOU.
- …with your MINDSET – it’s so important to be in the right frame of mind and mental wellness should be at the top of everyone’s list!
- …with scheduled ME TIME – we’re often doing things for others but CANNOT forget ourselves- make a list every month of the things you want to do for YOU – it could be a weekly yoga class, meeting up with a friend, going for a massage, reiki or reflexology treatment – the choice is yours – then make it happen.
- …with your NEEDS and WANTS – determine which is which and align yourself to NEEDS – prioritising these and working with most important first.
- …with your EFFORTS – be selective in WHAT you do.
- …with your TIME – do what YOU need to do.
- …with your GOALS – plan personal goals that you would be proud to achieve – meaningful personal goals.
- …with your FOCUS – you deserve to focus on what really matters to you!
“BE SELFISH” – two words but a BIG statement
But we just don’t have the TIME in this fast paced world!
It’s true TIME is a commodity we are all guilty of taking for granted and – the day literally runs away with itself. But there’s SOME time and choices we make without thinking too hard about – best way to think of this is to consider only what’s INSIDE our CIRCLE OF CONTROL.
With the best ideas, thoughts and intentions – nothing is possible without a PLAN.
Failing to plan is planning to FAIL
My GOAL for 2020 is that it’s full of FOCUS – the right kind of SELFISH FOCUS that I’m guilty of not giving myself before. Next I need to set a plan on how I will do this. This involves being selfish about making smaller goals, then plans and diarising it such that it ‘s something that it fits into my life. I hope you will join me and start a PLAN…remember everything starts with baby steps!!
It feels like this is more important now than ever before – being selfish and doing things for a reason – doing them because they marry up with your values, mindset and beliefs. BE SELFISH for you to become the best version of you.
I’m looking at these two words in a different light and what was an inward expression of not caring about others has changed to an outward look – one where everything you do, touch, feel, express needs to have an element of YOU exposed.
Start with just one aspect – why not start with something for your well being – 10 minutes of something daily or just twice a week – it could be a quick yoga routine, a relaxing bath soak, face mask or meditation to clear your mind – YOU CHOOSE!
Begin with an achievable goal(s) broken into a plan – done FREQUENTLY and REGULARLY as if it was a MUST and see how it helps YOU.
#mindful #focus #mumonamission #missionME #beselfish #getreadyfor2020 #empoweryourself #MEtime #meisimportant
What I write are my own personal views and I don’t endorse any content on external websites. I am also not advising on best course of action and recommend you do your own research.